The chain bar brooch is an iconic brooch style and was worn by the Suffragettes. According to blogger Cogpunksteamscribe: "Chain brooches didn’t just symbolise imprisonment. It also stood for the chains that held the women back in society. The chains that held them back from education and legal rights, as well as the right to vote."
And then it was taken by Chanel and other designers to signify modern fashion sensibility.
Add some hearts and stars dangling from bars and you have the whole gamut of style, attitude and fashion in a brooch. Something for everyone to shine.
These brooches are really cool.
- Large chain bar brooch - 1 x 7 cm
- Bar brooch with heart - 5 x 4 cm
- Chain bar brooch with chain and pearl - 5 x 5 cm
- Chain bar brooch with chains - 5 x 5 cm
- Bar brooch with pearl - 5 x 3 cm
- Bar brooch with star - 5 x 5 cm
- Bar brooch with ball - 5 cm
Even heavy brooches can be worn on modern garments using a supportive brooch sponge. FIND OUT HOW
If required your brooch will include a complimentary sponge and will be packed securely and decoratively.
Special gift wrapping can be purchased at checkout.
(Read more here - https://cogpunksteamscribe.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/women-in-chains-suffragette-jewellery-a-steampunk-feminist-perspective/)